bitty.and.bunny: I Love the '80s

Thursday, August 7, 2014

I Love the '80s

It's undeniable. I am a child of the '80s. And I know this because I see '80s fashions coming back into style, and while most people scoff, I love it! (On a side note, there are some decidedly '90s styles coming back, too: overalls! flannel! scrunchies! But that's a whole glorious topic for another post).
Lately I'm seeing '80s influences all around, even in fancy-schmancy homecoming & prom dresses! And I honestly can't get enough. I was browsing the dress selection at DressV.com, and came across this fluffy '80s-inspired confection of a dress. With a train! And just like that, I'm humming Like A Virgin and looking up videos of Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk. I may be well out of high school and college, but don't think I'm not wracking my brain trying to think of an appropriate place to wear this. The best I can come up with is '80s night at a club? But let's be honest - '80s fashion > '80s music, so I probably won't be hitting up '80s night anytime soon. It all seems so unfair - in the '80s I was too young to wear any of these styles, and now that they're back in fashion I'm too old. Sometimes irony sucks.

Which reminds me - anyone need a prom date by any chance? It'll be really fun! I'll show you how to do the MC Hammer dance. And then I'll explain who MC Hammer is....  

For more adorable prom and homecoming dresses (like these), check out DressV.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover